Did you know that your oral health care depends heavily on the brushing and flossing routines you practice on a daily basis? Because plaque buildup and harmful acids can do so much damage to our teeth and gums, it is a good idea to make sure your toothbrush and tooth brushing skills are always in tip top shape.
In order to keep your oral health care at its best, consider the following benefits of tooth brushing:
– Keeping your toothbrush in a sealed container would be unwise, as bacteria, mold, and mildew often remain in damp areas, putting your brush and your oral health at risk.
– To ensure your toothbrush will continue to serve you effectively, get a new one every 3-4 months or as needed.
– The proper brush should be durable, with soft bristles and a well-proportioned brush head that can easily and safely fit inside your mouth.
– When not in use, keep your toothbrush away from other toothbrushes, as contamination is possible.
– Never share your toothbrush with anybody else for any reason, even if it has been sterilized.
– Electric toothbrushes are exceedingly effective at brushing your teeth. Electric toothbrushes are an especially good choice for those who struggle with muscle pains and weakness from traditional brushing.
If you would like to experience the life-changing transformation that professional cleanings or tooth restorations can provide, please stop by our office for an oral exam from Dr. Mathew Berg and our team at our amazing dentist facility in El Paso, Texas. Schedule your visit by calling us at 915-591-5333. Our dentists look forward to crafting you the smile of your dreams!